Sunday, January 22, 2012

What to do with Ermine?

Recently I brought some pieces of Ermine fur hopefully to use with mink to make pandas as it is very snowy white. When the pelts arrived they were so much smaller than I was expecting...I thought they would be similar in size to the minks, but they are tiny. The pile length is about half that of the mink so there was no way I would be able to match it up with mink to make a bear. What to do?? I had to go small and so I here is the result a tiny 4 inch bear. The fur was coloured before cutting out, his face is so small I was unable to do my usually shading and as my skills for making a nose that small were not going to cut it he has an onxy bead nose. I do have some more pieces left and so if I have the patience he may have some siblings in the future.




Cheers for now Susan ♥

6 comments:

  1. Susan, you amaze me. How tiny is that? Is ermine as soft as mink? That little bear is realy beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is Soo Cute Susan and So Tiny...Can't wait to meet him in the fur at the Sydney show in March (if he's not adopted by then).

    Hugs
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, he's gorgeous! Well done for tackling one so small

    ReplyDelete
  4. What precious little babies, oh my goodness.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fur is gorgeous. The two of them look so sweet sitting together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Periwinkle has been adopted, I will have to make some sibblings to take to the STBF.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I appreciate your thoughts. Cheers Susan♥