Friday, October 14, 2011

My sewing helper

My daughter Samantha and myself are going to a "Girls Night In" charity ball for breast cancer at the end of the month. We both decided to make some new dresses for the occasion, so after choosing our material and the preparation of the pattern it was time to cut out and start sewing. My material is a silk mix and has a burnout pattern on it so I lined each piece with a light cotton. While I pinned the pieces my little bird Rico would follow and pull the pins out, he was not afraid off the sound of the machine and was happy to sit on top while I was sewing. He thought it was a great idea to chew the little balls of the end of my pins, not very helpful but he had a fun afternoon.



Now that I am finished my dress I can smile as I think about Sam's frustration when she gets her helping hand from Rico.

Cheers for now Susan ♥

7 comments:

  1. Lol, how 'helpful' of him, and just a little evil of you to be waiting with such glee for your daughter's encounter with him ;o)

    Anyway, this post is worthless without photos of the dress, we need to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious. You have the perfect "little helper". Can't wait to see your designs.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely is that little bird. Looks as though the coloured pins really caught his eye.
    We want to see the dress.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see he really has come along. So glad he is becoming a great companion bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will post some photos of Sam and me when we are ready for the ball..Thanks for asking.
    Cheers Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Susan what a cute little helper !!
    Looking forward to seeing the finished outfits :O)

    Hugs
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rico reminds me of my little Envy who is also a very big helper! Envy is a green cheek, yellow sided conure - what type conure is Rico? He looks very much like my Envy! xoxo Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I appreciate your thoughts. Cheers Susan♥