Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It doesn't happen very often

It can get very cold in Lithgow during winter with strong winds and rain, so it it so lovely when we get the occasional fall of snow. It started yesterday afternoon, with very large snowflakes quickly covering the ground. Within and hour the light was failing and the snow continued in bursts with enough coverage for the parkland across the road to become a snowfield with people sliding down the hill on makeshift sleds and snowballs flying.



This makes me think that it has been a while since I have made an all white bear, so Snowflake is now in the making...stay tuned to see her finished shortly.

Cheers for now Susan♥

4 comments:

  1. A kind of Winter Wonderland and a very pretty sight from inside looking out:o)) Sunny blue skies for me (Mid-North Coast) but cold and windy brrrrr!!
    Take care and have a good day.
    Hugs Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet the kids are having fun!
    We don't have any snow Susan, but it certainly feels cold enough! Brrr! So glad I'm inside by the fire.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. We see plenty of snow here in VT. It is summer now so snow is just a memory. Pretty scene. I love your blog but don't see a follow button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I remember I was living in South Africa when it snowed for the first time in 26 years. It was about as much as you'd got, but as it was 25 degrees by 10am, it went away pretty fast lol It's somewhat less exciting for those of us in the north of the northern hemisphere ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I appreciate your thoughts. Cheers Susan♥