Monday, April 04, 2011

Idaho....my personal challenge has been adopted

To make a realistic bear was something that I have been working on for some time now and Idaho is my first completed bear. Idaho is 9 inches tall (a large bear for me) but this was needed to fit in the extra joints that give him movement at the wrist, elbow and ankle..... without the pieces being too small and hard to turn. He has sculpted upper and lower eye lids, nose and claws from modelling compound and appliqued paw pads.

Trimming his face was a bit of a hurdle as I am so used to my small bears round cubby cheeks that cutting down to reveal his more natural shape was very strange. His ears, paws and feet also need trimming of the long mink guard hairs to define them.


Idaho's size can be seen here in the hands of my beautiful daughter Samantha. 


Idaho has been adopted and is off to live with his new family in the United Kingdom.

Cheers for now Susan ♥

1 comment:

  1. Just so cute! Congratulations on such a successful first project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I appreciate your thoughts. Cheers Susan♥