Friday, March 25, 2011

The experiment continues

This week I continued on my quest to bake a perfect Macaron... I don't know if I will ever achieve this but it is fun trying. I wanted to see the macarons in the nude so I could judge the cooking time without any colour  interference and so I made plain macarons and filled them with a vanilla bean buttercream. The oven was turned down to a lower temperature this time of 145° and cooked for 20 minutes.


The results were wonderful , they had a lovely egg shell crust and the centre had a slightly chewy texture. I could have turned the tray half way through as the back ones started to colour too much....something to remember for next time. Now that I think I have the cooking process much better I may be tempted to try some of the exotic flavour combinations out there.

Cheers for now Susan ♥

1 comment:

  1. Mmm Mmmm how yummy Susan, they look very tempting...but they will spoil my girlish figure...ROFL!!
    Warmest Hugs,
    Sandi @ Bearly Sane / Ess D'Ess Bears

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I appreciate your thoughts. Cheers Susan♥