Wednesday, March 09, 2011

After the Fair

The Sydney Teddy Bear was on last Sunday and my beautiful daughter Samantha who is my biggest supporter and I had a very exciting day. This was my first time as a trader at a show as I sell online from my website and eBay, it was great to be able to meet and talk to collectors and it is something I look forward to doing next year.



The morning started early with a two hour drive from our home in Lithgow to the showground and then setting up the table to await the opening of the show. The morning was reserved to the Early Bird Preview tickets and was well attended with a steady flow of visitors. I would like to say a very big
 "Thank You" the lovely collectors who added a Blue Valley Bear to their hug.



The Teddy Treats stand proved to be popular with lots of little cupcakes and donuts being sold for accessories for bears, we also had some real homemade blueberry macarons for the customers as a treat.

 

During the day I was able to meet some of the girls who I know from the TBACA website and have only ever chatted to online, it was great to get to know real person behind the keyboard.
As I first time trader I was a little daunted with what to expect but so many of the arists that trade often were very helpful and offered me encouragement and advice throughout the day and I appreciate their support, it was very helpful.
Looking forward to 2012

Cheer for now Susan


4 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you on Sunday Susan, and the blueberry macaroons were yummy :o) I loved the cupcake and donut teddy treats, they looked so real! See you again sometime :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very professional table Susan ... anyone would think you were an old hand at displaying your teddy bears.
    I must add, I am not surprised, as your website and blog look like as much love and care goes into them as you put into your lovely bears.
    Hugs,
    Sandi
    P.S. Yes I am using the new laptop and slowly getting used to this new pad. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - I loved meeting you (finally), your lovely daughter and beautiful Blue Valley bears!

    Your table was beautifully presented! Well done! I'm looking forward to catching up with you again at the next show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I appreciate your thoughts. Cheers Susan♥