Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting ready for the show

With the Sydney Teddy Bear Fair fast approaching I am happy to find that I have finished the quota of bears that I set myself for the show. I am now working on finishing my name tags and stationary....sewing organza bags for presentation of any adoptions and finishing accessories, the list goes on.



These little critters are going to the show as friends for some of the bears, they have all been crocheted from DMC Petra cotton. They are made using only the basic crochet stitches..... the kitten and mouse are made with just head and body shapes which can be changed slightly to suit different animals. I have also made a bunny and penguin from this pattern..so with a few changes anything is possible.
I enjoy making accessories for my bears and coordinating colours and fabrics for neck ruffles and bows.....it also gives my hands a rest from the tough job of hand sewing the furs.

Cheers for now Susan

1 comment:

  1. Love the little amigurumi creations Susan...they are fun to make.
    Good luck for the show!
    Warmest Hugs,
    Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I appreciate your thoughts. Cheers Susan♥